FinCon 2019 Recap
FinCon is the place to be if you’re an influencer, blogger or have a voice in the financial services space, and this year was no different! As the (self-proclaimed) largest financial content expo, it is not one to be missed.
The mission of FinCon is to provide a platform for financial influencers to connect, learn, and grow their influence and reach. This year, the event garnered 2,500+ creators, marketers and influencers from varying areas in the personal finance space.
Our team participated for the first time at this year’s event, which took place in Washington, DC from September 4th to 8th. We split our time between meetings, networking and attending a number of great panels and speaking sessions on topics ranging from marketing insights to growing your business as an entrepreneur.
We know that not everyone had the chance to attend the event, or make it to all of the panel sessions, so we thought we’d compile our notes and put together a helpful overview of our key takeaways.
Read on to see what’s trending in personal finance this year.
Key topics from our takeaways:
- Keynote by Ramit Sethi – New York Times Best-Selling Author
- Insights on blogging by Jessica Moorhouse and Monica Louie
- Insights on video by Tasha & Joseph Cochran and Denis Trufin
- Insights on podcasting by Whitney Hansen and Jen Hemphill
- Insights on data by Mike Brown
- Talking money by Bethy Hardeman and Korrena Bailie
- Keynote by Sharon Epperson – CNBC Senior Personal Finance Correspondent
Complete FinCon 2019 recap slide deck:
To sum up, here are 6 key takeaways to help you grow your business in 2019:
- Be unique, it is essential for standing out in a crowded space.
- Be an expert, and ensure it is quantifiable – write a book, create a study, have strong testimonials.
- Starting out is tough; be prepared to put the hours in, and don’t ever stop testing and learning.
- Network, learn from your peers and be mindful to choose carefully who you take advice from (don’t listen to the critics).
- Be timely, as it is a fast-moving industry and there will always be space for publishers who can adjust and pivot quickly.
- Plan for profitability, have a clear plan for revenue and diversify your revenue streams to minimise your risk.
Any questions about this FinCon 2019 Recap? Get in touch with our team!
Are you a blogger or publisher in the performance marketing space or considering becoming an affiliate? Let us know – we’re here to help! The affiliate channel is a great way to diversify your revenue stream.
Want to know more about Fintel Connect? Check us out here!
Yvette Edsall Digital Marketing Manager If there is one topic that touches nearly all aspects of our lives – it’s financial wellbeing. Whether we’re planning a trip, buying a home, or something as simple as hosting a dinner at home, our finances certainly play a role....
Alane Levine Chief Operations OfficerWhile performance marketing may seem new, it’s actually been part of the digital marketing mix since the early days of the internet. You are likely already aware of performance marketing and may not even know it. Performance...
Alana Levine Chief Operations OfficerWelcome to Fintel Connect, we’re excited you’re here! We thought we’d put together an introduction into who we are, what we do and how we’d love to work with you to grow the financial services and fintech space. Read on and look...